I can’t believe it is already the last week of June. This summer is going by much too fast for my liking. So, I am posting my June wrap up. Now, this wrap-up is not going to look like my read shelf on Goodreads. I’m not including the books I read for my Masters program. These are all of the books I read purely for pleasure this month. What did I read? How did I like it? Did I complete my TBR? These are all very important questions that will be answered in this post.
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- 4/5 Stars
- I liked this book. It wasn’t my favorite book of Clare’s but it was entertaining. I think this book had more of a nostalgia factor for me than anything. I enjoyed seeing some of my favorite characters from the Shadowhunter world. And that ending. I’m excited to see what’s going to happen next in this series.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Joon
- 3/5 Stars
- This was a good reading slump book. I enjoyed Joon’s writing. However, I feel like I didn’t get everything I wanted out of this book. It wasn’t bad by any means. I just had higher expectations. If you want a longer review with all of my thoughts on this book you can check out my post about it here.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- 5/5 Stars
- My only 5/5 stars book for this month. I adored this book. It enveloped me into the Grisha world and I didn’t want to leave. I mean can’t I just hang out with this characters for the rest of my life? We posted a group discussion on the book here and trust me you’re going to want to check it out.
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- ?/5 Stars
- Okay, so I’m cheating just a little bit. But, I’m over halfway done with this book and there’s still 3 days left this month. I’m going to finish it. So, I’m counting it. Thus far I’m not loving the book. I’m hoping that will change in the next 200 pages but I suppose we’ll just have to see. Eden, Caitlynn, and I will be posting a discussion on this book on Saturday so keep an eye out for that.
What books did you read this month? Have you read these books? What rating did you give them? Let me know below!