Wooooo, June was a crazy month for me.
Surprisingly, I got a decent amount of reading in this month. Usually between my job and life, June and July tend to be my slowest reading months.
Anyway. Wrap up time.
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- I did a review on this book where I talked about how little I cared for the Blackthorn family. My sentiments remain the same, however, I’m eagerly awaiting the second book because the ending to this killed me a little.
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Jenn and Caitlynn are terrible people. They pushed me to read this book and I’m not entirely convinced it was all with best intentions. This book destroyed me. I mean, my boyfriend found me sitting on our couch crying in the middle of a Saturday afternoon. Sometimes I still feel haunted by the characters in this book.
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- We had a nice little discussion about this book and my love for Jesper Fahey. Check it out if you haven’t. I’m excited to read the second book. I’m curious as to whether we’ll make it another discussion book or if I’ll go ahead and read it on my own.
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- This book reminded me of how awful I am when I fall in love with books. I reviewed this book as well and when I did I mentioned that I was trying to pace myself on the books. Here’s my confession, series like The Raven Boys bring out a monster in me. I quit sleeping and eating and focus all of my energy on binging the series. That’s what I’ve done with this. I’ve slept maybe an average of four hours a night for the last week. I’m a healthy person.
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
- Like I just said. I am a sick person. I bought this book and the other two the morning after I finished the first one. The only reason Blue Lily, Lily Blue and The Raven King aren’t on here is because I exercised a level of control I didn’t know I had to give Jenn and Caitlynn time to catch up with me. I’ve been waiting three days and I feel like I’m about to drop the charade and just finish the series.
The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- There’s a lot to say about this book. A lot of bad things. All of which have been discussed and cataloged for our post on Saturday. Keep an eye out. The discussion was pretty entertaining.
Ok guys. That’s it. Leave me comments below and let me know what you read this month. Have you read any of these? Are you sick like me and binge series?