I started my June wrap up saying it was a crazy month, but really, July was a crazy month.
I managed to read seven books during July — three of which were on my TBR list for the month of July — so I feel I was pretty productive, even if I hit a slump about midway through July.
Now lets wrap July up.
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- I read this because I love V.E. Schwab. The first book I read by her was The Archived and then Vicious. I knew I would love ADSOM and I wasn’t wrong. V.E. Schwab is beginning to rival Sarah J. Maas for my love.
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- We all know that I loved this book. Caitlynn and Jenn didn’t care about it, but for some reason I found myself really into it. You can check out our discussion post about it here.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- Maybe I’m too generous with five star ratings. But I will say this book is above and beyond five stars. The Raven Cycle has me obsessed and I couldn’t be happier that I began reading these books. The characters and storyline are all so different that I can’t help but love it.
The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Fun fact about when I read this book. I started at 10 p.m. and finished it that same night at 4 a.m. I went to work the next day at 8 a.m. and didn’t once regret only getting a few hours sleep because The Wrath and The Dawn is incredible. Check out our discussion post on it here.
Angelfall by Susan Ee
- I need to say that this book has an amazing plotline and the characters are really well done. Giving it 3/5 stars wasn’t easy, especially after writing this review. I began talking myself out of my original rating, but I still stand by it. This is a good book, I just wasn’t a fan of the POV.
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- This is a good book for people trying to get into the fantasy genre. It was not a good book for someone like me who is ALWAYS reading really well done fantasy novels. Here’s my review if you’re curious about Snow Like Ashes.
And I Darken by Kiersten White
- Can’t. Explain. My. Love. Here’s the review because it’s more succinct even if it is more of a rant than a review.
Woooo. Ok. That was actually a lot to put in a single post. But what about you guys? Read any of these books recently? Or how was your July?