Well… what a crazy month August has been! It felt like it flew by and definitely did not give me enough time to read everything that I wanted to. Here is my August wrap-up and my hopeful September TBR.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- When We Collided by Emery Lord
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- Truly Madly Guilty by Laine Moriarty
*See our archives for reviews on all of the above books!
I am going to just admit that I have a problem. Ok, I have a serious book buying problem! I bought over 30 books in August alone… I don’t even know where to begin for my August haul. I guess what I’m most excited about getting…
- A Torch Against the Night – I was so excited to get this book and get reading it right away! We have a lot of books coming up that are new releases that we are using for our book discussions right away and this was one of them, but I’m not at all upset about having to read this baby right away! Definitely a 5/5 stars for me and I would venture to say that it was better for me than An Ember in the Ashes!
- Throne of Glass – Alright, so my SO does not understand my obsession with Maas or my love for the UK paperback edition of these books, but I know my book community totally gets my obsession with my second copies…
- Everything else – Ok, so my haul this month I felt like really had a bit of everything. Between Book Outlet, Book Depository and Barnes and Noble, there were just too many great sales to pass on anything at the moment! I’m so excited to hunker down and get some of these amazing books read!
So I got 1/3 for my August TBR (booooo!) but I’m going to try with September! To be fair, I did try Flamecaster and wasn’t able to finish it because I was so excited to start the other books on my list and it was so much bigger than I expected it to be! I also had a very late addition to my August TBR of An Ember in the Ashes since I totally forgot about A Torch Against the Night until like two weeks before it came out, so I had to read Ember!
I think my best bet for September is going to be playing it by ear. I’m not exactly sure which genre I’m feeling right now and with Empire of Storms coming out this month I definitely don’t want anything to feel rushed by any means!
What about you guys are there any amazing books that you swear by that I need to pick up sometime very soon?! Let me know!
Til next time!