These months are going by way too fast lately. School started in August so my life has been a bit hectic. Honestly, most of my reading has been done for our Thrice Read Book Club Saturday discussions. I only got to read 3 books other than the book club books. However, I did read 7 books this month which I am not upset about. I’m hoping I can up that number to 8 in the month of September but we will see.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne
- This book had quite a bit of controversy and criticism over it. I really enjoyed this book. We did a discussion on this book that you can find here.
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- I fell in love with Victoria Schwab’s writing all over again with this book. She is seriously amazing and I cannot get enough of her books. We did a discussion on this book that you can find here.
- When We Collided by Emery Lord
- I did not really have high hopes for this book. I bought it as a cover purchase. However, boy did it deliver. I really loved the story and the characters in this book. It was a perfect mixture for me. We did a discussion on this book that you can find here.
- Black Bead by J.D. Lakey
- I received this book for review from J.D. Lakey. I did not really know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed this book and plan to continue on with this series. I wrote a review all about it here.
- Riders by Veronica Rossi
- I truly forgot how much I liked Rossi’s writing until I picked up this beauty. I went into this book a little blind. I knew it was about the 4 horsemen. But, that was about all that I knew about it. I really loved this story. You should check it out. I wrote a review all about it here.
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- I. LOVE. BRANDON. SANDERSON. Seriouly, he can do no wrong in my eyes. I have loved everything I’ve read by him so far. Steelheart was no exception. We did a discussion on this book here.
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- This book was so much more than I expected it to be. I bought it because of the similarities between the family in it and the Manson family. However, the relationships and the view on girls in society made this book amazing. I loved this book. You can read my review on this book here.
Well, that’s all the books I read in August. How many books did you read? What were your favorites?