Wowwwwww. August was crazy. I thought I wasn’t reading enough. After going through all the books I read for August I realized I actually read seven. So all in all it wasn’t such a bad month.
So, lets get to this wrap up.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- It was really great to dive back into the world of Harry Potter even if it wasn’t specifically Harry himself. We got to see another dynamic of the wizarding world that I have longed for since the seventh book was released. Here’s to hoping that one day we get a marauders series. I rated Cursed Child 4/5 stars.
- I liked this book and then I didn’t like this book. Well, that’s not true. I liked this book and then I didn’t like the way it was wrapped up. I thought the first 2/3 of the novel was great. The ending just felt rushed and I wasn’t super into it. Check out my review here to understand why I gave it three stars.
This Savage Song
- I love V.E. Schwab. There is literally no denying that at this point. This book got 5/5 stars from me because god damn it was just so good – for a more thorough reason why you can check out our group discussion here. I’m counting down the days until the second book is released.
When We Collided
- I liked this book. It was a good, quick contemporary and was really important as it brought up a lot of issues surrounding mental health and illness. I gave when we collided 3/5 stars, but to be fair, it’s because I’m not super into contemporaries.
The Marked Girl
- I didn’t finish this book. Here’s my review on it. Honestly, I’m still so disappointed in The Marked Girl that I really have very little to say.
- Brandon Sanderson is amazing and the Reckoners series is amazing. I devoured this book. I gave it 5/5 stars because it had everything I wanted in a book. Essentially if you haven’t read anything by Brandon Sanderson you should start with Steelheart because man oh man. Think superheroes but they’re more like super villains and there are no heroes in the world.
The Raven King
- This book was so good. I rated it 5/5 because how could I not. Here’s my review on it because it has everything that I loved most about it. Also, The Raven Cycle was such a good series and if you haven’t read it yet then you are really missing out.
That’s it for my wrap up. How did everyone else’s August go? Did you read any of these books? Do you agree/disagree with my ratings?