Oh gosh. It’s Friday.
To kick the weekend off right I felt the Sims book tag would be a solid post for the day. It’s got some interesting questions and for once I feel as though I might not answer with Sarah J. Maas and V.E. Schwab for every other question.
ALSO! Tomorrow is our weekly discussion, which means we’re finally doing Crooked Kingdom. Stay on the lookout for it, I can already tell it’s going to be a good one.
1. The Original Sims: The Best Author Debut
Legend by Marie Lu. That series killed me in such a good way.
2. The Grim Reaper: The Saddest Character Death
Sirius Black. Ya’ll when Harry was screaming into that stupid shard of mirror and hoping Sirius would magically respond I was literally ugly crying.
3. Sims Getting Stuck: A Character That Just Got In The Way
Mehmed from And I Darken. All I want to read is how Lada is a badass. Get Mehmed out of here.
4. Simlish: A Book With Amazing Writing
I’m going to go with A Court of Mist and Fury, but this isn’t because the book is just really, really good. I’m used to reading the second book of a series and going, “But could this have been a duology?” and when it came to Maas’s ACOTAR series, I was already starting Mist and Fury with a bad taste in my mouth. I honestly was not much of a fan of ACOTAR. Mist and Fury was a book that changed my entire opinion of just about every character and the overall story line/series. In my opinion, that speaks to Maas’s writing abilities.
5. Expansion Packs: A Series Where The Books Kept On Getting Better
The Shades of Magic series by V.E. Schwab. I honestly don’t know how she’ll top A Gathering of Shadows, but I have high hopes for A Conjuring of Light.
6. Sims Romance: The Worst Case Of Insta Love
This one goes to Ruby Red and the rest of that series.
7. Cheats: A Book That Was Entirely Unrealistic
I still roll my eyes when I think about this book but The Glittering Court. This is also looking past the fact that it’s something of a fantasy (but not really?). The book just had way to much happening to be realistic to the setting and story line.
8. Needs Fulfillment: A Character Who Made All The Wrong Decisions
The main character in These Broken Stars. I honestly can’t remember her name, but she was always making things more difficult.
9. Error Code 12: A Series That Started Off Great But Went Downhill From There
The Mara Dyer series. I still have no idea if there was an actual resolution in that series.
10. The Sims Vortex: A Book/Series That Completely Engrossed You
The Bloodlines series and Vampire Academy. There were good reads that held my attention for six books per series.