If you guys haven’t noticed, I haven’t been doing very many book reviews lately… Ever since I got my puppy it seems like I haven’t had time to fit in any more than one book a week. I’m ready to change that and make more of an effort to read more books and get my TBR down.
So, I found this Beat the Backlist reading challenge by NovelKnight (you can see their original post here) and decided I would take a shot at it! It’s pretty simple, you make your own TBR list and you can update it as needed, the only rules are that only books released prior to 2017 count.
I’m obviously going with only books that I currently own in order to dwindle my massive TBR of Shame. I’m hoping I will only add to this list instead of removing and refuse to DNF any of these books (unless it’s absolutely 100% necessary, but you guys would definitely hear about that…).
Here is my first TBR for Beat the Backlist 2017:
15. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
14. Everyday by David Levithan
13. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
12. Replica by Lauren Oliver
11. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
10. The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
9. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
8. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
7. The School of Good and Evil by Chainani
6. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
5. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
4. Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
3. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
2. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon