Alright, so in the theme of not doing a book tag for this week, I’m doing a bookish about me fact list today! I totally got this idea from Romana over at A Book Nerd, who just recently celebrated 200 followers with this, check out her post here and click that follow button while you’re at it, she’s fantastic! 🙂
25. My parents are the biggest readers that I know, so it’s no surprise how I got into this.
24. I have zero interest in any type of writing, I just don’t have it in me. I would rather other people create these beautiful worlds and stories for me to enjoy.
23. My library is my favorite room in my house. Having the extra room was totally on my wishlist when we were looking to buy. (Also, we just celebrated one year in our first home last week, woo!!)
22. Even before Thrice Read, Eden and Jenn were always my go-to people to ask for recommendations. Thrice Read has definitely just made that process much easier. 😉
21. Young adult fantasy is definitely my favorite genre.
20. I would say that I’m a pretty fast reader.
19. Classics are just not my forte, I can’t get past the dialogue (Jane Austen, for example).
18. I’m an obsessor when it comes to certain authors/books. Don’t even ask me why I had to have the US and UK editions of Throne of Glass.
17. Goodreads is my best bookish friend, without it I would be so lost in my reading goals.
16. I will read any book if it’s being talked about enough, I fully commit to hype.
15. I will always read a book before watching the show/movie. (Game of Thrones is the only exception, it took a while for me to pick up those books.)
14. I thought I hated fairy-tale retellings until I realized that a good majority of my favorite books stemmed from fairy-tales.
13. I prefer for a series to be finished before I start reading it.
12. I’m a terrible culprit of book smelling, like it’s bad y’all…
11. YALLFest was my first book convention and you can bet your ass I’ll be attending way more now!
10. I used to only read books on my phone, now it takes me forever to get through a non-print book.
9. I usually/prefer to read in full silence.
8. I will wait to buy a hard cover book over the paperback.
7. You can almost guarantee that of the hundreds of bookmarks that I have, I will be using some sort of currency as a bookmark instead…
6. I cannot read more than one book at a time. I don’t even know how other people can do it, it’s so alien to me.
5. I love the feeling of opening a new book for the first time, it seriously gives me all the feels.
4. I never in a million years would have anticipated being part of a book blog, ever, ever, ever. I’m terrible about telling people what books are about and it’s so hard for me to put into words what I liked/disliked about books, but this is definitely helping me change that!
3. I’m currently in the process of career-changing, I’m going from the health care field to hopefully teaching middle school reading or math.
2. I love Bookstagram (check us out on Insta here!) but it’s been really hard to keep up with it recently because of everything going on in my life.
1. So I didn’t want to use our county library for a while because I knew I had never returned a book from when I was 8 years old. Let me tell you how mortifying it was when I went to get a library card just this year, as a 24 year old and the librarian telling (while not being able to contain her laughter) me that I still owed $12 for the copy of Our Story: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s Official Biography. Needless to say… I finally have my first adult library card at the age of 24.