So, I’m skipping this week’s Broke and the Bookish’s Top Ten Tuesday since Eden and Jenn have both pretty much covered summer reads and I also never really read books based on seasons… SO! On to the next week’s prompt, most anticipated books, which let me tell you, I am so excited for 2017, it’s been a great release year already and I can’t wait for the second half.
Check out The Broke and the Bookish’s Top Ten Tuesday master post here!
10. One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake – September 19
I’m going to give Blake a second chance and see how One Dark Throne goes. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Three Dark Crowns but I didn’t hate it either.
9. The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano – October 24
Princesses… Curses… a King Midas complex. I’m intrigued by the new duology coming out by DeStefano and it’s definitely on my most anticipated TBR.
8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Illustrated Edition – October 3
On to my 4th copy of the Harry Potter series. I mean… the illustrated editions are just so beautiful.
7. The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic by Leigh Bardugo – September 26
I’m not a fan of short stories/novellas but I trust Bardugo so much, let’s see how this goes.
[Cover Art to be Reveal Soon]
6. The Empress by S.J. Kincaid – October 31
While I’m not 100% sure about this book since The Diabolic was originally marketed as a standalone, I did really love that book. So I will definitely be giving The Empress a chance.
5. Renegades by Marissa Meyer – November 7
I’m excited to see what this new series by Marissa Meyer is going to bring. I absolutely loved Cinder and I can’t wait to see what else Meyer has to offer.
4. Warcross by Marie Lu – September 12
Finally, a new series by Lu. She’s a fantastic author and the synopsis for this series sounds fascinating.
3. Now I Rise by Kiersten White – June 27
I can’t wait to see what Lada is up to in the second book of the And I Darken series.
2. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab – June 13
Still anxiously waiting for this book. I can’t wait to continue Schwab’s YA Monsters of Varity series.
1. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas – Septmeber 5
Of course a Maas book is my number one most anticipated. I just can’t get enough, bring on Chaol’s story!
Are there any books coming out in the second half of 2017 that you think I should keep an eye out for? What is your most anticipated release?