Now, I’m not a huge fan of standalone, I’m too connected to the characters and invested in the story to be okay with a single book dedicated to them. I have, however, read my fair share of beautiful standalones, so I figured I would give you my top ten list of my favorite standalones.
10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
9. Furthmore by Tahir Mafi
8. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
7. In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
6. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
5. The Martian by Andy Weir
4. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
3. American Street by Ibi Zoboi
2. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
1. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Beckman
1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
1. Salt to the Sea by Rita Sepetys
Ok, so I couldn’t commit to a number one. You know what that means, three number ones! Wow ok, so I like a lot more standalones than I ever imagined.
Was there a book on my list that you enjoy, too? Based on these books what book suggestions do you have for me?