I know guys, I’m giving you another tag post. However, I’m making my way through Siege and Storm so hopefully I can get you a review on it for Thursday. Work has been kind of crazy and tiring lately. Thus, all of the tag posts.
But, I really liked the idea of this tag. A lot of times after finishing a book I have no clue what to pick up next. This tag is a great way to get inspiration for how to avoid book hangovers after certain books.
For this tag you pick 5 – 10 pairs of books that you think would go well together. Either they compliment each other or balance each other out. I found this tag on Birdie Bookworm’s Blog. So, go check out her answers.
1. Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
2. A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab and Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
- Both Sanderson and Schwab are masters at creating intricate worlds. These high fantasy novels are all encompassing and astound me at the depth of creativity.
3. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard and Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
- What could be better than two books about strong women? Flame in the Mist is a new favorite of mine. I think these two would definitely compliment one another.
4. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor and The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- Both of these books were put together because of the feeling of them. They feel huge. The world, the lore, and the history of these stories just feels massive. They are books that take a bit to get into but the pay off is high.
5. And I Darken by Kiersten White and Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
- What’s better than a fantastical retelling of history? Both of these books take the history we know from school and turn it on it’s heads. They are intense and really fun.
This was an interesting tag to do. It really made me think. I would love to see your pairings. If you do this tag make sure to let me know so I can check it out!