So, one thing you may not know about us ladies over here at Thrice Read is that we love dessert. Cake is my go-to, so I figured why not do a cake tag today?
I found this tag over on Amanda’s blog, be sure to check out her post here!
Now, let them eat cake!
1. CHOCOLATE CAKE (a dark book you absolutely love)
Definitely Caraval. Everything about this book just felt dark to me and I loved every second of it.
2. VANILLA CAKE (a light read)
Let’s go with By Your Side or P.S. I Like You by Kasie West, her books are the epitome of light reads.
3. RED VELVET (a book that gave you mixed emotions)
Lady Midnight… I wasn’t sure how I felt about it, so I decided to read Lord of Shadows and well… I have more emotions towards one end of the spectrum than the other now…
4. CHEESECAKE (a book you would recommend to anyone)
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, it was seriously so good.
5. COFFEE CAKE (a book you started but never finished)
Hmm… I don’t usually pick up and book and not finish it. I try really hard not to do that.
6. CARROT CAKE (a book with great writing)
Strange the Dreamer. Laini Taylor has a beautiful and unique writing style that I adore.
7. TIRAMISU (book that left you wanting more)
The Diabolic. I can’t wait for the next book to come out and I’m so glad they decided to make it into a series! Same goes for Scythe by Neil Shusterman.