So as you guys may or may not know yet, I love the top ten Tuesday’s that the Broke and the Bookish holds weekly. However, I am only posting on Sunday’s and Monday’s so I went ahead and changed it up a bit and made a Top Five Monday!
So this week The Broke and the Bookish did a free-for-all and let us chose who to recommend books to, I decided to choose YA readers that are wanting to branch out into new genres, particularly the adult genres!
5. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss | Ok… so I haven’t read this book yet, but it’s for a good reason! The man still hasn’t released the next book for the series and it’s been 3 years. I’m not about to join the thousands of people angrily waiting for the next book, I’ll patiently wait until he decides to release it to pick up the series. That being said this is supposed to be an amazing fantasy series and I really, really want to get into it.
4. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover | This book is tagged as a romance genre but it is so much more than that, Hoover really did a great job writing this book.
3. Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi | If true crime is your thing Helter Skelter is a book about the Manson murders and was such an interesting read. It was a long one but if you are looking to get into the true crime aspect this book is perfect!
2. The Martian by Andy Weir | This is a great sci-fi book! Weir does a great job with keeping you entertained throughout the whole book.
1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn | Gone Girl is my favorite psychological thriller on the market today, I haven’t found a book that can match the level of intensity that Gone Girl had.