I found this post this morning while I was getting ready for school on Birdie Bookworm’s blog and actually decided to hold on to my original post for today and do this one instead.
So, this tag is all about my bookshelves. It doesn’t seem like much, but something that you guys may not realize is that of the three of us, I am the only one that hasn’t posted an image of their bookcases.
1. Describe your bookshelf and where you got it from.
I have several bookshelves, but they’re black and from Ikea.
2. Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
Not really. I try to keep them together by similar color and height, but it gets hard.
3. Is there a book you received as a gift?
Many. Everyone pretty much buys me books for Christmas/birthday/anything that requires gifts.
4. Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
Unless we’re counting the books I’ve received as gifts, than no.
5. What’s the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Probably Lord of Shadows or Winter. I can’t be entirely sure.
6. What’s the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs is probably the smallest.
7. What’s the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
8. What’s the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
Lord of Shadows
9. The last book you read on your shelf?
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, however, I am currently reading Labyrinth Lost and ACOL.
10. Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
I mean, the most likely is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, but I can’t really be sure.
11. Most expensive book?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
12. Do you have the complete series of any book series?
I have many series. I have Harry Potter, Shades of Magic, The Lunar Chronicles, Monsters of Verity, etc.
13. What’s the newest addition to your shelf?
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. Although, I lost my mind and bought like ten books about two weeks ago.
14. What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
Y’all, my answers are literally just turning into Harry Potter for every answer. If you haven’t realized, I’ve been a fan since the beginning.
15. What’s the most recently published book on your shelf?
Warcross by Marie Lu.
16. The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE
17. A book you won?
Literally none of them because I’m not that lucky.
18. A book you’d hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?
All of them? The only people that ever get to borrow my books because I completely trust them is Caitlynn and Jenn.
19. Most beat up book?
My old copy of Goblet of Fire is definitely my most beat up.
20. Most pristine book?
I’m not sure this is a thing for me specifically because I’m very anal about how I treat my books.
21. A book from your childhood?
Definitely the Harry Potter series.
22. A book that’s not actually your book?
Not a single book on my bookshelf isn’t mine currently. Sometimes I’ll borrow books from Jenn or Caitlynn, but none currently.
23. A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
Jenn bought me a beautiful copy of Pride & Prejudice last Christmas that I still can’t get over.
24. A book that is your favorite color?
Dividing Eden, mostly because it’s this really pretty silver-ish color that you don’t see on books very often.
25. Book that’s been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven’t read?
The Dark Days Club. It’s set in the Victorian era and always sounded awesome, but I just haven’t had the time to start it.
26. Do you have more than one copy of a book?
Oh yes. This is a more recent issue though. First, I have two Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas because my fiance accidentally bought it for me for Christmas last year. And second, I’ve been in a situation where I’ve been subscribed to two book crates at once and they both sent out the same book that month (this isn’t a big deal though because I knew that it was a possibility).
27. Any signed books?
I have several signed books, so yes.