I really enjoyed this tag. The questions were so innovative and unique. It’s often difficult to find tags with different kinds of questions. So, this was a lot of fun. Found on Kirstie’s blog.
- Create your own new post and call it “Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now” and be sure to include in your tags the words — without quotes — “ThisIsMyTruthNow Tag”
- Include these rules when you copy/paste to your own post.
- Be sure to thank the person that tagged you and include their responses at the bottom of your post, so someone can get to know them too. Tell everyone something interesting about the person who tagged you.
- Include a link to my original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along. Link to cut/paste is: ThisIsMyTruthNow
- Choose 12 bloggers to tag and include a link to their latest post, so others can check them out and meet new people.
- Answer all 12 questions in The Challenge Questions section, but replace the 12th question with your own new one around telling the truth or revealing something interesting about yourself — you can leave the existing if you can’t think of something. (Note: I’m too lazy to change this!)
- Be sure to copy/paste the “Truth or Dare” section at the end of this post. It’s important to the challenge — so you better carefully read it!
- If you’ve haven’t been tagged, but you want to play along, you can totally jump on in and post responses to the tag on your blog.
I feel like those rules are terrifyingly long and confusing so I’MMA DO MY BEST, okay?
1. You’re on your way to a birthday dinner that your friends have thrown for you. When you arrive, your favourite author is having dinner by himself or herself and asks you to sit with them, before you even see your friends or they see you. You have two choices: (1) You can sit with the author but can’t tell your friends that you’ve abandoned them for three hours, or (2) Meet your friends and lose the only chance you’ll ever have to talk with the author. Pick one or the other — no exceptions or communication to your friends to tell them about the author — and explain why.
Okay, I would definitely meet with the author. My friends would be okay with an excuse that I made. Also, I can’t give up that opportunity.
2. You’ve got an opportunity to spend a few hours alone “in your bedroom” with a character from any book you’ve previously read. The character tells you that (s)he would like to lock the door and spend some alone time with you. What book and character is it, and do you decide to enter the room and lock the door, or tell them you aren’t interested?
Umm, definitely The Darkling. I mean that’s probably really dangerous. But, I can’t pass up a chance to be alone with The Darkling. Even if it is a threat to my life.
3. If you could turn any male character from one of your favourite books into a female character (or change a female into a male) in the book or book series, which one and why?
Could I please turn Will Herondale into a female? I just would really like a genderbent Will.
4. What blogger currently on your follower’s list (meaning they follow you too) do you admire the most and why?
This is such a hard question. I would probably have to say Krysti from YA and Wine. I think her content is always innovative and interesting. She’s come so far and I love reading her blog.
5. If you could change any one decision your favourite book character made, what would it be and why?
I actually don’t think I would change any decisions my favorite characters made. Their stories are great because of those tough decisions.
6. If you could pick 1 character from a book and 1 character from a TV show you watch (that is NOT based on a book) to be in a relationship together, who would you choose, and why?
Ooooh. This is super hard. I don’t watch a lot of TV. So, maybe I would do Dean Winchester and Nemesis from The Diabolic.
7. It’s your last day on Earth. As you are about to cross that final finish line, a mysterious shadow appears, giving you a choice: (1) You can go move forward to whatever comes next for you [based on your own spiritual or religious beliefs], or (2) you can become a character in a book series and exist permanently doing whatever that author chooses to do with you in the book. Which do you choose, and if it’s option 2, reveal the book and author.
I would definitely choose to become a character. Let’s be real that would be awesome. I would gladly make that my afterlife.
8. If you could steal a pet from someone in any book you’ve read, but had to replace it with a friend’s pet (meaning they wouldn’t ever see their pet again), would you do it? If so, explain the who and why.
I originally thought I would not want to choose any pets. However, I have changed my mind. I think it’d be happy having Manon’s pet, Abraxos.
9. If you could turn someone from your real life into a character from a book, who from your life, who in the book and why?
So, I’m getting rid of someone in my life? Then I think I would trade out a person I work with with Dumbledore. Because, how awesome would that be?
10. Post a picture of the cover of a book you read in 2000 and the book you are currently reading now. (Note: if you weren’t alive in 2000, pick the first book you ever read and tell everyone what year it was from).
11. Your favourite character (under 18) needs a place to stay for 3 months and asks you if (s)he could stay in your spare room (yes, you have one for the sake of this question). Who is it and what is the reason (s)he needs to stay with you?
I think I would have to say August Flynn from Our Dark Duet. I just think it would be really rewarding.
12. If you could stay at any fictional castle, which one would you stay at and why? AND NO, YOU CAN’T PICK HOGWARTS. (Note: This is the question each person can change when they tag their own nominees)
Definitely the castle from Throne of Glass. A castle of glass just sounds amazing.
TRUTH OR DARE:
Oh, did I forget to tell you the last part of the ThisIsMyTruthNow tag? If you choose not to accept the tag, you have to follow through on whatever dare the person who tags you chooses — for my nominees, if you choose not to do this tag, your dare is to read one middle grade novel this month.