We are getting so close to 2018! I figured I need to get up-to-date on the new releases for next week and I figured while I did that I would post my top 10 most anticipated.
Let me know if I missed anything because there’s a good chance that I have since I haven’t really been keeping up with book release dates.
10. White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig | Release date: April 24
Roehrig is an author that we were introduced to through YALLFest and during this year’s YALLFest, he told us about his new book coming out. He is definitely an author to watch and an auto-buy for us here at Thrice Read, so you can bet I’ll be picking this up as soon as it comes out.
9. A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir | Release date: May 22
While I’m not sure if I will buy this book physically or electronically yet, I do still plan to pick it up and read it. I really don’t like the idea of changing a books whole look and cover scheme in the middle of a series, so we will see…
8. My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton | Release date: June 26
The first book of this series was so funny! It was a nice change of pace of everything else that we have read this year, so I will definitely be picking up the second book of the series.
7. Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi | Release date: March 6
It’s been a long time since I’ve read the Shatter Me series by Mafi, but looking back at my Goodreads ratings, I gave every book 5 stars, so I must have liked something about it! So I’ll add Restore Me to my list and make time to reread the first three books of the Shatter Me series before this comes out.
6. Legendary by Stephanie Garber | Release date: May 29
All of us here at Thrice Read loved the first book of this series, Caraval, so we are all excited to get our hands on Legendary. It also helps that when we met Garber, she was seriously the sweetest!
5. Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman | Release date: January 9
I loved, loved, loved Scythe by Shusterman when I read it earlier this year so I’m super excited to get my hands on the next book in the series.
4. Obsidio by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman | Release date: March 13
I’m in need of a good sci-fi book and I love the Illuminae Files that Kristoff and Kaufman have created.
3. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas | Release date: May 1
Thomas has such a great personality and I really think that anything that she writes will be wonderful. I have high hopes for this book and that’s not just because of THUGs success, but because Thomas is a truly fantastic author and person.
2. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas | Release date: May 1
I’m in love with this series and I’ll read anything that goes along with it.
1. Iron Gold by Pierce Brown | Release date: January 16
As I keep saying, I am so excited to have another Red Rising book coming out. I absolutely loved the first four and can’t wait to get back into the world.
All of these publication dates are 100% tentative as with everything in the book world, nothing is set in stone.