Can you believe that we only have 4 days until Christmas? In honor of the holiday I felt it was only fitting that I complete this fun book tag that I found on Macsbooks blog. I tag everybody! If you’re reading this that means you should definitely complete this tag! It’s a lot of fun!
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
This is such a difficult question! There are way too many books that I am eagerly anticipating. However, the first one that comes to mind is Sightwitch by Susan Dennard. The Witchlands is one of my favorite series, so I need this book in my life ASAP.
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it’s praises?
I think this one may be obvious if you’ve read any of my book tags. Leigh Bardugo is my favorite author. I think her writing is innovative, unique, and compelling. Bardugo is an auto-buy author for me. Her books are always the first ones that I recommend to anybody looking for a new book to read. If you haven’t read anything by Bardugo run out and read one of her books!
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
Okay, so normally I would have used Bardugo’s Grishaverse books for this question. But, I am not going to repeat that answer. So, instead I would have to say Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. This book is unlike anything I’ve ever read previously. Taylor wove together fantastical elements and a new mythology to create an amazing book.
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
So, I am a big fan of classics. I don’t read as many classics as I would hope to. My favorite classic would probably be Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens. There are a lot of classics that I still need to read. Wuthering Heights is a book that I’ve been meaning to read for forever. I’ve heard amazing things, so it may be time to make that happen.
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds is a book that I’ve continued to hear amazing thing about. I’ve been putting off buying this book since I’ve been on a book buying ban. So, receiving it for Christmas would be perfect.
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
How could I not answer Harry Potter for this question? We are rereading the series for Christmas this year because of those warm and fuzzy feelings. The nostalgia and memories that I have with this book really puts me in a great mood.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
My favorite thing about Christmas is doing my Christmas traditions with my family. We have a lot of traditions in my family from cookie exchanges to Christmas Eve Christmas light looking. I love this time of year because it makes my family a priority and I enjoy spending time with them.