Today is officially my first day back at school with students.
I would love to say it feels good to be back (and in some ways it does!), but really I’m just very tired.
Anyway, the last couple of top five Wednesdays have been really good. I was going to review This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis, but I really liked the idea behind today’s top five.
So, without further ado, here are my top five reading resolutions for 2018.
- Meet my book goal.
– First off, I want to say that I read a good amount last year. I just got so worn out at the end of the year that I didn’t complete the number of books I’d planned to read. In an attempt to keep from discouraging myself, I have set my goal for 2018 at 50 books and intend to move it up if I’m on track to do more.
- Move out of my comfort zone.
– I read a lot of books in the same genre. This typically means that my TBR and currently reading are stacked with YA Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I made a little movement into contemporary, but I really want to push myself further. Also, I would really like to start reading more Adult novels. I love YA, but it’s good to get a new look sometimes.
- Make more time for reading.
– This seems simple enough, but when I’ve had a long day at school I tend to come home and just deflate until the next day. I want to spend at least three weekdays putting in at least 2 hours of reading a night.
- Create a monthly TBR and stick to it.
– I want to know what this feels like. If I can manage this at least once this year I would be very happy.
- Read more new and unknown authors.
– Yep. Authors like Sarah J. Maas don’t need my help. My review offers little benefit to them. While Thrice Read isn’t a hugely famous blog and what I have to say has little effect on authors, I know that it’s helpful for any reviews to be out their for your book when you’re just starting out.
That’s all I have for you! I think I’m really happy with these resolutions. I’m ready to jump into the new year, what about you? Do you have any reading resolutions?