Can you believe it’s almost February? Since the first month of the new year is almost over I wanted to a wrap-up of sorts. Now, I’m going to be looking at wrap-ups a little differently this year. If you’ve seen my posts about changing my mindset and the idea of a Goodreads goal then you know I’m looking at reading and blogging a bit differently. I’m not looking to make the largest wrap-ups any more. Instead I want to focus on the books themselves as well as the posts I’ve written for the month.
This year is going to be different for me as well since I will be taking classes to receive my Masters degree. That means I will have even less time to read. So, what I read has to be some quality books. Hopefully, I will still be able to read all of the books I’m dying to read. But, I have to put my classes as my top priority.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella:
- This was my first book of the year. I was hopeful that this would enable me to jump start my reading year. However, I wasn’t the biggest fan of this book. My biggest issue was the main character. I felt as though she was frustrating and made absolutely no growth through the novel. I may continue with the series. But, I’m unsure as of right now.
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- I am so happy I picked up this book on a whim. I don’t think I can even put into words how great this book is. The storyline is real and important. The use of verse to tell the story really added more to the narrative. I’m also a huge fan because it is a book my students can read easily and relate to. Jason Reynolds outdid himself with this novel.
- A Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds – A Spoiler Free Book Review
- Weather in Books Tag
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella – A Spoiler Free Book Review
- Thursday Thoughts – Changing my Reading Mindset
- Top Ten Tuesday – Books I Meant to Read in 2017
- Thursday Thoughts – Goodreads and Goal Setting
- Goodreads Year in Review