In keeping with the theme for this year I am choosing to forgo TBR posts. Instead I plan to make monthly goals. TBRs and I have always had a strained relationship (Check out my post about them here) so it wasn’t a difficult decision to make. So, here are my goals for February.
- Read a non-fiction novel.
- Often I find myself deciding not to read non-fiction because it’s more time consuming than fiction. That is such a cop out. I love non-fiction. So, I’m going to ensure that I give myself a chance to read more of it.
- Read a book a week (of any genre).
- I’m not putting pressure on myself to complete a million books. Instead I want to make sure I’m taking time to read. So, I want to complete 1 book a week for this month.
- Read a book purely based off of a recommendation.
- This might be through a blog post or in person. But, I’m going to choose one book just because it’s a book loved by someone who thinks I will love it too. I won’t worry about Goodreads ratings or popularity. All that matters will be that someone I respect thinks I will love it.
- Write blog posts earlier rather than waiting.
- To be completely transparent right now, I’ve already broken this one. But, it’s the 1st so I might as well try for the rest of the month right? I’m currently writing this post and it’s already late. So, I’m going to start planning ahead so that I’m prepared for anything.
Do you create TBRs or do you make goals? What do you prefer and why?