So, it seems like it’s a tag Thursday. Today we will be diving into my habits as a reader. I’m always interested in other reader’s habits. So, I thought I would give you a little bit more insight into my habits.
Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- Usually I end up reading on my bed when I’m at home. However, I don’t always read there. I can pretty much read anywhere.
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- I have tons of bookmarks. Seriously, i have way too many. But, most of the time I end up shoving receipts and pieces of paper in my books to save my spot.
Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop reading at a certain page, chapter, part ect.?
- I can stop at any point. It doesn’t bother me to stop in the middle of a page or chapter.
Do you eat or drink while you read?
- I usually always have a drink with me while I read. I don’t eat very often when I read, but I always have something to drink.
Can you read while listening to music/watching TV?
- I definitely cannot watch TV while reading. However, I can listen to instrumental music while reading. If it has lyrics, though I can’t concentrate at all.
One book at a time or several at once?
- Most of the time I stick to one single book at a time. There are times that I end up reading multiple. But, that’s really rare for me.
Reading at home or everywhere?
- I can concentrate most at home. Yet, I enjoy reading anywhere and everywhere. There is no limit to where I will read.
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
- I enjoy reading out loud for my students. It can be tiring, but I love their reactions to the stories. My preference is to read silently. However, there are definitely exceptions to that.
Do you read ahead or skip pages?
- Never. I don’t even like to know what the plot of a story is. I want to go in completely blind to a book and I don’t want to be spoiled at all. So, I would never read ahead or skip pages.
Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
- I try to keep my books as new-looking as possible. Of course, this makes reading difficult sometimes. Often I have to open books less than what would normally be comfortable. But, it’s totally worth it.
Do you write in books?
- It is very rare that I would write in books. In college I always wrote in my books. Now that I’m growing my library I have stopped marking my books in any way.