It’s been a bit since I did a top five Wednesday and this weeks topic was really cool so I thought I’d give it a go. If you’re looking to participate in T5W, you can go to the Goodreads group and follow along with the Wednesday topics.
This week is all about best books that feature a road trip. At first I found this hard because I was thinking that it had to be a literal road trip with a car, but later decided that I would open it up to fantasy road trips as well.
5. Paper Towns by John Green
- Our main character goes on a trip to find the girl he believes is the love of his life. It’s high pressure and, of course, a typical John Green story.
4. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- Lara Jean goes on an impromptu road trip to UNC and it’s a great time. It’s classic Lara Jean and her fantastical notations of what life after high school can be.
3. Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
- This is a travel novel. I’m counting it as a road trip because she literally walks the road of her country looking for a place to feel fulfillment. Honestly, there’s even some points when she’s in a carriage, so this completely counts as a road trip read.
2. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Yes, it’s on horseback a lot of the time. And yes, it’s not really a happy-go-lucky road trip, but a road trip is a road trip and that’s just what we get in Truthwitch.
1. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
- A brilliantly written novel with color and intriguing places to be seen. Mafi creates a world worth traveling through and takes readers through every detail of the lands that Alice and Oliver travel through.