Originally, I was going to post about what to do with unwanted books.
I was excited to do it because I have some great resources that I’m going to include in the post, but I felt like today’s top five Wednesday was just too good to pass up.
Something that I’ve been considering for a few months has been revisiting some of my favorite YA novels. Now, the topic is open to TV shows, movies, video games, and any other type of entertainment, however, I’m going to list just the books that I would like to revisit.
5. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
- Ok, this is not a top-tier pick, but this is a great book for getting me out of a slump and back into reading. It’s easy and low priority and I’m honestly really considering rereading it.
4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- My first read of this book was one I look back on fondly. I love the story and Stiefvater’s storytelling abilities. I’m absolutely enchanted by the series and I would love to sit down and just soak it up all over again.
3. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- I cried while reading Salt to the Sea and it was the best kind of crying I could have experienced. I’m obsessed with this story and how much I loved the secondary characters. It’s for sure going to be reread at some point, the question is just when.
2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- I. AM. OBSESSED. WITH. THIS. BOOK. Honestly, this was a book that I sat down and legit read from cover to cover without getting back up. I could easily do it again.
1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- The series that started my love of Mafi. I don’t know what pushed me to pick up these books, but it’s that series that always stares at me from my shelves and yells, “REREAD ME”. It’s going to happen. Probably in the next few weeks if I’m being honest.