In honor of watching and loving the new Netflix original movie To All The Books I’ve Loved Before I figured I would do a tag to celebrate its release. This book tag was created by Frankinesce in her video and inspired by the film.
1. Kenny from Camp AKA your first book love
Probably The Face On The Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney. It was one of the first books I picked up on my own and one of the first series I really loved in middle school. I still recommend it to my students all the time.
2. John Ambrose McClaren AKA the book that got away (a book that may not be your all time favorite now, but you’ll always love it)
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton because it’s a book that I can always go back to and is always at the back of my mind. Other books have just happened to take its place as my favorite books at other times.
3. Lucas from Homecoming AKA your GBF (your favorite LGBTQ+ character or book)
I’m going to have to go with Leah from Leah On The Offbeat because she seems like a real person and not just a caricature of what an LGBTQ+ character is.
4. Josh Sanderson AKA the book next door (a book that you’ll love no matter how many times you read it)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This book comes to mind all the time for rereading. I was considering rereading it a few weeks ago but I haven’t had a chance to do it.
5. Peter Kavinsky AKA your one true book love
I’m going to cop out and not say a single book, but two books in a series. The Six of Crows duology. It’s the book I recommend to everyone and is constantly in the back of my mind as the book I compare all others.